Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Seeya, 2013!

Okay, since it's already the first day of 2014 and I didn't prepare any poignant post yesterday, I shall hastily put together a 2013 recap! :)

The year started off really well, with Swedish House Mafia making their way to KL for their One Last Tour. Using my birthday money to pay for my ticket was worth it, because believe me, it was an incredible night. It rained for a little while, but it was so worth it. The best part of the night was when Ingrosso, Axwell, and Angello did this:


Again, an incredible night. My first rave and hopefully not my last (although this depends on my financial status... hmm). Then there was the annual 3IG meetup! Been friends with these girls for over a decade hahahaha wowwwwwwww I feel old now. -_-


As you can see, we're good at taking selfies... No, not really.

Eventually, summer break ended, and it was time to head back to the island I call my second home! Back to clear, blue skies, PMSey weather, and fresh air.


 This year was also the year I was fortunate enough to be the treasurer for the Malaysian Students' Society. We organised a couple of events throughout the year, and I'm glad to have worked with the rest of the committee. I don't think we did a shabby job overall, to be honest. :)


 During Easter break, I spent 5 nights away from Hobart... On Maria Island! A pristine island somewhere off the east coast of Tassie, my research project group and I carried out an experiment on zooplankton and the variation in their distribution based on several factors. I got distracted by the island's beauty, though. Proof:




In July, a bunch of Malaysians in Tassie (self included) flew to Sydney for MASA 2013. It was actually one of the highlights of the year for me, because I got to meet a bunch of lovely people whom I can now call friends for life. I had a lot of fun with them and it was nice to be in a big city for a short period of time.


In August, someone I've known since first year graduated. We got him a Wonder Woman apron and oven mitten set because... I'm not sure, really. Later that night, we went out to town and drank a lot. As you'd expect.


Sem 2 brought with it a fun little experiment: a behavioural and evolutionary ecology research project on hermit crabs. It turned out to be reeeeeally fun, but we were all a bit devastated when all the crabs started dying off towards the end of the experiment. Nonetheless, we all did pretty well for that unit! :D


After uni ended, I had an early 21st celebration thingamajig at the Metz. A bunch of friends came along for a few drinks and noms and it was quite cosy and lovely. :) I think I could have done a better job as a host, but well, I guess you live and learn.


On my actual birthday, I had two big meals: lunch at the Burger Haus with Michael, Fred, and Hannah, followed by dinner at Orizuru with Michael and his parents. I had a serious food baby by the end of the day. T__T But it was a day well spent!


I think the last big event of my year was going to Seoul with my sister. It was our first trip abroad together with just the two of us (no parents, bwahahahahahaaaaaa). The food was amazing, the people were friendly, and it was mighty cold.  We even went up to the DMZ and stepped on North Korean soil! That was pretty trippy.


All in all, 2013's been a LOT better than I'd expected it to be. Seriously! Obviously there have been some bumps and bruises (both literally and figuratively), but what's life without a few of those? So here's to an even bigger and better 2014. I hope everyone will have a great year ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Rae Wae. :) I hope 2014 would be chock full of good things.

    ReplyDelete